Musical theater and military, Final Fantasy and Disney, band/choir and basketball, french fries and milkshakes. . . So many areas of my life seem completely opposite and unrelated. Why would anyone try to juxtapose such seemingly incompatible interests? For me, it just works. I don't know why, but it does.
Friday, May 24, 2013
Life Is Beautiful
The Afters - Life Is Beautiful (Official Music Video From October Baby)
On my way home from a support group this morning, Life Is Beautiful from the Afters shuffled on. I got the song as a free download from K-Love a little while ago, but hadn't taken the time to listen to it. I haven't been so moved in a long time.
"A father's love, a wedding dance
New Year's dreams, a toast with friends
A soldier coming home from war
The faith, the hope of so much more
A brand new life, a mother's prayer
Shooting stars, ocean air
A lover's kiss, and hard goodbyes
Fireworks, Christmas lights
These are the things that make us feel alive
These are the times that make us realize
Life is beautiful"
The last few months have been some of the hardest of my life. Between school, work, and all of my other responsibilities, I was feeling completely worn out and stretched to my limits. All the while, personal struggles were trying to fight their way back into my life, and it all seemed like more than I could bear.
Thankfully, along the way, God blessed me with brothers, friends, family, and experiences that have supported, lifted, sustained, renewed, and strengthened me. While there may be times when I hit a low point and feel hopeless, I know that I have so much to be grateful for. Life is beautiful. No matter how hard it gets, this life is a gift. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment