Wow, this has been a very long decision process - full of ups and downs, worry, hope, fear, peace, excitement, anxiety, and anticipation. . . The decision has been made; the cogs have been turning for some time now, but they're hitting full motion tomorrow.
I am enlisting in the Utah Army National Guard on Wednesday. I leave tomorrow to take the ASVAB, and spend Wednesday in processing. Assuming everything goes well, I will then be sworn in and receive the rank of Private First Class (thanks to my Eagle Scout Award and college achievements thus far).
I'm not doing this to run away from a mission; no, I'm doing it because it is something I feel I need to do. I've spent a lot of time praying about this, and studying it out, and I know that it will be of great benefit to me. Besides, it will be supplemental to my emotional, physical, and mental preparation for a mission.
I am really excited for this; I mean, there have been plenty of doubts and worries, but in the end I come to a sense of comfort.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment