This post came about in part from an excellent talk my sister introduced me to called "Cast Not Away Therefore Your Confidence" and a talk someone gave in my ward's sacrament meeting today on roughly the same topic. That talk is so amazing, I recommend it to anyone who is facing big life decisions.
My message for tonight is this:
If you have been praying about something, and the "answer" you've been receiving is some form of doubt, worry, or fear, do not take it to be a "no". Those three emotions are tools of the adversary, and God will not use them when He answers your prayers. I used to think that if I got a bad feeling after praying, the answer was no. This is not the case; a "no" from God will be a "stupor of thought." It's kind of hard for me to explain what exactly a stupor of thought is, but I know that it does not consist of worry, fear, or doubt. Upon closer thought of those previous "bad feeling" answers, I have realized that worry and doubt were the roots of the feeling.
Don't let the adversary make you think the answer is no by feeding you fear and doubt. Don't listen to him, don't give in. Trust in the Lord, and think back to your moments of clarity!
No comments:
Post a Comment